Friday, August 22, 2008

Roasted Tomatoes

I am so excited about this that I am posting twice in 24 hours. About a year or so ago, a friend told me that she roasts her tomatoes. I thought it sounded really good. So, why didn't I do it?! Just a few days ago, I was perplexed as to what to do next with the never ending flow of tomatoes coming from our garden to my kitchen. I already made two kinds of tomato sauce, put up stewed tomatoes, salsa, Jamey made catsup and I made a new recipe, 'Bruschetta in a Jar' from my Ball Canning Book.

So, I called my friend to get directions on roasting. She just happened to have posted these exact instructions that morning. You can find them here. Below are my pictures.




If you like sun-dried tomatoes, you will love these. They are soooo good I actually had about 15 for breakfast this morning. How could I not? The house smelled amazing and these are VERY addictive. I actually can't wait for the next basket of tomatoes. When was the last time I said that this time of year? Pin It

6 comments:

  1. How long do these keep for? This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meemsnyc, I freeze them in jars (like the one above) and use them throughout the year. I've recently used the last couple jars from last summer and they were wonderful. You just let them thaw and toss them into what ever you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to make these roasted tomatoes but have never done it. They look wonderful but I do not see any directions on how to do this. Is it posted somewhere else or am I just not seeing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a link just above the first photo. Click on the word "here". :-)

      Delete
  4. Would it be fine to hot water bath these for canning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I would not attempt to can these. Maybe it would be possible in a pressure canner, but I'm not sure how it would be safe using the hot water bath method. Sorry!

      Delete

Just a friendly reminder, if you know me personally please try to refrain from using my name. There are those who may try to locate me, break into my pantry and steal my pickled beets. Thanks:-).

Please choose the Anonymous option if you prefer not to sign in to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails