Friday, August 15, 2008

Salsa

The Lord and I had words this morning. The result? I have a much better attitude today. It's amazing how that works. So why don't I take advantage of it more often? Not only is my attitude better, I am more thankful. How can I not be when I'm surrounded by bounty?

With tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and 3 in 1 sauce out of the way, I moved on to salsa. The recipe I use is Lee Good's (a friend from church). It uses a lot of cumin, which we love. Grandma and I started chopping at 7:30am this morning and I didn't pull the last jar from the canner until 2pm. Jamey even chopped the onions for me last night. That helped me avoid chopping off a finger (since I can't see well through tears gushing down my face) and rings around my eyes (from wearing Sam's goggles- the only way I can chop onions myself. Yes, goggles. They're green.).


27 pints and 5 quarts.

My fingers are still burning from the hot peppers. Today, I am even thankful for that.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a friendly reminder, if you know me personally please try to refrain from using my name. There are those who may try to locate me, break into my pantry and steal my pickled beets. Thanks:-).

Please choose the Anonymous option if you prefer not to sign in to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails