Friday, November 14, 2008

Slowly Coming Back to Life

Well, I haven't been dead. I don't mean to imply that. I've been pregnant. Being pregnant, for me, is hard. I get very sick. So, blogging about food and things that relate to my (usual) love of food just had to stop for awhile.

I am still not myself, but at least wanted you to know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Or abandoned this blog, like other blogs I come across whose last post was August... two years ago.

I am 11 weeks. Jamey and I have heard a heart beat. Sam and Sadie have been told (Sam cried, saying, "I am so happy. I always wanted a new baby!"). I've switched medications with some initial good results. Friends and family are taking good care of us through meals and childcare and housecleaning.

So, you may hear a little squeak out of me now and again until this passes (usually around 20 weeks). It's really the only thing on my Christmas list- to feel better in order to fully enjoy the new life within me.

Oh. Please do me a favor. If you are healthy, embrace it! Be thankful for it and enjoy this wonderful time of year full of family, friends and good food. Do a little extra enjoying for me, okay? Thanks:-). Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Aw, Sam cried! That is so heart-wrenchingly sweet.

    -JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on you as you nurture this new life in you... I too suffered with feeling queasy 24/7 for more than I expected....

    Someone told me when you are that sick, your baby is really firmly rooted in your womb with little chance of miscarriage. Having had so many miscarriages this was a comfort...

    Warm water with lemon to you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! (that goes to the baby part, not the sick part!) I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays at least somewhat. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too was told sickness was a good thing during pregnancy! Each time I would want to complain about the awful feeling, a friend of mine would remind me that sickness is a good sign. Instead of complaining I started thanking God for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cried when i heard that sam cried. and we too are so happy because we always wanted a new baby too! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. It is so interesting to learn how pregnancy affects each woman differently. I hope the new little one eases up on you soon.
    I'm happy to hear you'll be back when you are feeling better, I miss reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Just a friendly reminder, if you know me personally please try to refrain from using my name. There are those who may try to locate me, break into my pantry and steal my pickled beets. Thanks:-).

Please choose the Anonymous option if you prefer not to sign in to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails