Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Just a Little Bit of Jam

Alright, I'm joking. This isn't going to be about a little bit of jam. There is actually a lot of jam involved. Back in the fall, I wrote about how I am making the favors for my little sister's wedding. Back then, I filled a third of the jars with grape jelly. You can see them here.


Our strawberries started coming the week before Miriam was born, so we crushed and froze all the ones we didn't pop into our mouths or eat in smoothies or Tishy Falou. The other morning, I thawed 5 quarts of those crushed berries and Jamey and I canned 60 4-ounce jars and 3 pints of strawberry jam.

Do you want to know our secret recipe? Do you promise you won't tell? We use the recipe that comes with the Sure-Jell box. Yep, we do. It tastes great and always sets like it's supposed to.


Those popping sounds were music to my ears. The last third will be made from the peaches of a nearby orchard later this month. I'm just not sure which orchard. I called the orchard we usually use for peaches the other day and they told me all their peaches were destroyed in a hail storm a few weeks ago. Needless to say, I'll be doing some more calling to get my hands on some peaches. If only our peach trees were already producing....

strawberry jam
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. confirmed. you're the best!! thanks so much!!!xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I placed an order for peaches at Onyx Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I just made strawberry jam the other day, too. But I only made 8 jars...and I had to gear up for that. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Just a friendly reminder, if you know me personally please try to refrain from using my name. There are those who may try to locate me, break into my pantry and steal my pickled beets. Thanks:-).

Please choose the Anonymous option if you prefer not to sign in to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails