Thursday, July 23, 2009

Problem Solved: Curried Green Beans and Potatoes

Alright, it wasn't that big of a problem, having fresh green beans and potatoes on hand to use. But it was a little bit of a problem. For me, anyway. I'm strange this way.

The 'problem' became less of a problem the night friends had us over for dinner. They served a green bean and potato dish that I really liked. Really, really liked. And, now, just in case you're strange this way, too, (or even if you are not) I will share it with you.


Curried Beans and Potatoes (adapted from Simply In Season)
Serves 4-6

Curried Beans and Potatoes (adapted from Simply In Season)
Serves 4-6

3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. dried mustard
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
1/2 tsp. curry
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 medium potato, chopped into small, bite-sized peices
4 cups green beans (whole or cut)
water
salt

Heat oil in medium frypan over medium-high heat. When hot, add dried mustard add garlic. Stir for a minute until garlic turns golden.  Add pepper, turmeric, curry, and potatoes and stir, sauteing for a few minutes. Add green beans and combine. Next, add small amounts of water to keep from everything from sticking and to allow the vegetables to steam, covering with the lid, but stirring often to see if more water is needed.  When potatoes are tender, increase heat to evaporate remaining liquid.  Salt to taste.  Serve immediately. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a friendly reminder, if you know me personally please try to refrain from using my name. There are those who may try to locate me, break into my pantry and steal my pickled beets. Thanks:-).

Please choose the Anonymous option if you prefer not to sign in to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails