Friday, August 13, 2010

Peach Raspberry Crisp

I have one more idea as to what you can do with your peaches, then peach week is over.  Promise.

For the first time since before Lent, I made a dessert just for us to eat at home.  This is NOT to say that I have not been eating sweets.  The summer has been full of "special" occasions.

There is something about being surrounded by ripe, fresh fruit that inspires desserts.  May this recipe inspire you.



Peach Raspberry Crisp (inspired by Jamey's mom's apple crisp recipe)

8 cups sliced peaches
2 cups fresh red raspberries (frozen would probably work well here, too)
2/3 cup flour
2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter

Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.  Lay in sliced peaches.  Sprinkle red raspberries on top.  In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.  Pour in melted butter and stir until well combined.  Sprinkle the topping over the fruit and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and nicely browned on top.  Let stand 15 minutes and enjoy.  It will be juicy.  That's okay:-).


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Now my sweet tooth is yelling at me and making it more difficult to be good and go make some eggs for breakfast. This looks so delicious! I know I will be making it soon. Rolled oats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley, Rolled oats are the same as steel cut oats or real oats. Just don't use quick oats- it will become very mushy (not in a good way):-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made peach crisp this week on the BBQ to avoid heating up the house! This worked fantastic... not as crisp of a topping, but still delicious with ice cream. I used an aluminum 9x13 foil dish to avoid wrecking a dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, my two favorites. Peaches and raspberries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my you have me drooling here, lol sounds so good, I certainly will be trying this one. Hugs and blessings, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. did u peel the peaches first or just toss in w the skins on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I peel the peaches for this because our kids prefer it that way, but you could leave them on if you like.

      Delete

Just a friendly reminder, if you know me personally please try to refrain from using my name. There are those who may try to locate me, break into my pantry and steal my pickled beets. Thanks:-).

Please choose the Anonymous option if you prefer not to sign in to comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails